The goals of Northland’s addiction recovery program are to:
- Immediately interrupt the progression of disease through abstinence from alcohol and mind/mood-altering drugs.
- Educate both the patient and family about the natural history of the disease and the consequences of not treating the disease.
- Provide a framework for each patient to apply this addiction recovery education to his or her own personal history of alcohol and/or drug use.
- Teach new coping skills and the tools necessary to change thinking and behavior, allowing the patient to meet life’s challenges without returning to the use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Provide hope and optimism for the patient and family so that the patient can maintain a sober, responsible and productive life as a contributing member of his or her family and community.